Grand Wrap-Around Porch
When these homeowners had their home custom built, they knew that they wanted a grand wrap-around porch to give their home the feel and charm of a hundred-year-old farmhouse. As often happens the budget prevailed and the porch went on the wish list of future projects.
Bel Air Construction Solutions
Fast forward 8 years and the wish list is fulfilled. Working closely with the Bel Air Construction team the porch has been designed and constructed of state-of-the-art materials that achieve the desired feel and charm of a hundred-year-old farmhouse without the maintenance required of traditional materials.
The existing 72 square foot porch has been replaced with a grand 420 square foot porch with an additional 364 square foot screened-in portion at rear of the home.
- Brick veneer covered piers with horizontal low-maintenance deck board used as skirting adds to the elegance of the porch.
- Wide steps of Timbertech Mahogany tongue and groove porch boards welcome approaching visitors.
- In a nod to the Southern tradition, a light blue, low-maintenance Versatex bead board ceiling is installed to ward off unwanted spirits and pests.
- Blind-nailed Timbertech Mahogany tongue and groove porch boards offer the look and feel of a wood floor.
- Substantial 10”x10” posts are wrapped in low-maintenance vinyl and include decorative crown and base trim for the look of finished millwork.
- A unique no-show fastening vinyl rail system looks like traditional millwork without its associated maintenance.
- The Screeneze Screen System with 7-1/2 foot wide openings provides an expansive view of the property.
Bel Air Construction Team
Designer – Bernadette Drew
Construction Drawings – Krista Waller
Project Manager – Geoff Boecher
Electrical – DeLuca Electric
Framing – Toro Construction and Remodeling
Roofing and Gutters – Maryland Gutter Protection
Siding – Toro Construction and Remodeling
Masons – L&G Masonry
Photography – Kim Kruk, Next Door Photos